In England, it was made by William Kent in 1733 for the Duke of Devonshire. The first child car made by William Kent for the Duke of Devonshire in 1773 was pulled by the dogs attached to the front harness.
The rear wheels of the vehicle are 52 centimeters in diameter and the front wheels are 40 centimeters in diameter. The car’s greatest feature is the “Cavendish snakes”, the symbol of the Devonshire family, among the front wheels. This child car, made of wood and snakes and carrier section, was pulled by dogs.
Some historians suggest that this car was made for Dauphin (born 1729), the 14th child of Louis. However, museum officials do not agree with this idea. According to them, the car was not in France, but in Germany.
The production of baby cars similar to today is started in 1850 by two different producers in London. The cars that John Ailen and A.Babin made were very different from their previous counterparts. Because the previous examples were the so-called trials for the aristocracy, and all were drawn by an animal or human from the front. The children’s cars, made by the family and Babin, were pushed from behind like the present ones. There were also three, not four, wheels.