During a restoration in 1911 at the headquarters of Christ’s College in Cambridge, a wall apparently covered with wallpaper in 1509 was unearthed. The black-and-white pattern had a velvety structure and consisted of cone-shaped figures surrounded by pine leaves.
On the left side of the design, there was a letter H in the middle and a bird motif in the opposite direction. These two symbols proved that the paper Hugo Goes did. Hugo Goes, who used the letter H as a trademark and a goose as a signature, ran a printing house in Steengate in York in 1509.
The wall paper was printed with 40 x 28 cm wooden clichés on the unused pages of scrap paper and scrap paper. Among the cartoons used are poems written for the death of King Henry VII (21 April 1509), VII. There was also a declaration announcing Henry’s throne and some military documents. The dates of these documents showed that the building, which was covered with a wall paper, was completed in the end of the year 1509. Share Information